Sunday, November 3, 2013

Task Assignment: Week of 10/31 - 11/7 (UPDATED!)

By Thursday (11/7)  I will have completed the following:

1)  Create a menu system for our game.
11/2 - I tried getting screencasting to work for this example but my computer wasn't cooperating.  I created a simple menu system to test out a few scenes that we have created for our game.  When you mouse over the box in each menu item, the box and text get larger to indicate that this item will be executed if you click the left mouse button.  Moving your mouse out of the box returns the sizes to normal.  The main menu has one option "Start game" which results in changing the scene to the submenu (pictured below).
Choosing these items takes you to the scene indicated by the name of the button.  You can move around in the first two of these scenes. The third demonstrates how the smoke will function in the world map.

2)  Create a 'enemy' fog creature
11/3- I made this smoke creature using two smoke texture that I created in GIMP on a uv sphere (body) and plane (ambient smoke).  The UV spheres that represent the eyes will glow but I can't figure out how to do.  I'm also having trouble getting the plane smoke to mesh with the sphere smoke (hence the visible orb).  I'm not certain if I will address this or leave it as a "corporal force" of the creature.

3)  Create animation for weapon swinging and picking up objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment