Thursday, November 14, 2013

Task Assignment: 11/8-11/14 (UPDATED!)

By Thursday I will have the following completed:

1) I will add a more randomized spin to the smoke sphere
I added python code to change the spin velocity by a randomized value (positive and negative) and added spin to multiple axes so that the smoke does not create the illusion of leftward movement of the player. (This creates the problem of the player being able to see the poorly mapped texture spots but it is very brief.  I will test with world environment to see if the effect is noticeable (and perhaps switch back to z-rotation only).

2) Attach the weapon swinging animation to the player
I attached the arm swinging animation I made last week to my character.  I physically placed the arm next to the player in the scene and called the animation when the player clicked the left mouse button.  I ran into a problem where after pressing the button several times the games slows down significantly (the profile shows a large spike in 'Physics' but the arm and weapon are set to 'ghost' so they shouldnt be interacting with any other objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment