Sunday, October 20, 2013

Homework 12: Task Assignment (UPDATED!)

For this week I will/have accomplish/ed the following tasks by Thursday (10/24).  I will update this post as I complete tasks.

  1. Fix the "character" files so that its in true first person perspective.
10/20- Was able to get the camera working in 1st Person perspective.  You can use the mouse to move the "HEAD" object (up/down) and the rotate the "BODY" (left/right).  Movement forward and backwards is made using the 'W' and 'S' keys.
   2. Add python logic to sphere to scale as a function of property "ward level".

10/21- created a python script that is called by module (external python script, not the script you see in the upper right window).  The script accesses the "size" property of the sphere and sets the scale of the sphere to be a percentage of the original size  equal to the percentage 'currentSize'/'originalSize'.  I added a sensor, controller, and actuator to increase/decrease the 'size' property using the up arrow/down arrow.  This was just to test that the size of the sphere increased/decreased with this property value.  This will be used to adjust the level of fog approaching our character.

   3. Find quick smoke alternative that will work in game engine.

10/23-  Found a youtube video with a good tutorial on how to create volumetric mist in game engine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2DgiTz2RDI).  I adapted this method, applying it to my character's fog sphere instead.  I feel like it effect is good enough to give the idea of smoke, especially after I made the sphere begin to rotate (creating the effect of flow) however, as you can tell from teh screenshot, you can see the seem of the smoke at a certain point in the texture.  I can fix this by paying closer attention to borders while creating the image so that the edges blend together better.  I can make the smoke darker to the desired level also.

No comments:

Post a Comment